In the summer of 2012, COSEE NOW worked with The Mid Atlantic Regional Association Coastal Ocean Observing System (MARACOOS) to run a needs assessment workshop for scientists interested in teaching with data from the Integrated Ocean Observing System (IOOS). The meeting took place at Rutgers University’s Institute of Marine & Coastal Sciences and involved four […]
Archive | Resource Guides RSS feed for this section
Quality information to assist your proposal writing, program development or assessment needs.
The Education and Public Engagement (EPE) Implementing Organization (IO) is dedicated to developing data visualization tools that will facilitate the use of data from Ocean Observing Initiative (OOI) to enhance undergraduate teaching. To enhance the utility and usability of these tools, a needs assessment performed with members of the undergraduate teaching community. The Community Survey: […]
Can web sites and data visualizations be tested? How does one find out how usable they are? In August 2008, a team of COSEE NOW members conducted a web site usability test with a group of fishermen to learn more about the process and how fishermen use real-time ocean data.
What do scientists think about coastal sciences education & outreach? Are they engaged? And, in what ways are they contributing? This report offers answers to those questions.
How do teachers use real-time data (RTD) in their classrooms? What data are they using? What do they need to integrate RTD into their teaching? This report offers some insights.
Little is known about scientists’ involvement in education and outreach with K-12 schools and public audiences. This report includes scientist survey results from annual online surveys in 2004 through 2007.
This report documents COSEE MA teacher professional development activities from 2003 to 2007, the model PD format and teachers’ reactions and responses.
Blogs have transformed the way people communicate in these early days of the 21st century. At their very essence, they are really nothing more than web pages where writers post their thoughts, albeit generally with much less pain than managing a normal site (and sometimes with a lot less thought). What makes blogs special is […]
- Gears Luncheon Series – Ocean Sciences 2014 December 6, 2013
- 2014 Shore Bowl October 25, 2013
- Gears Professional Development Workshop for Early Career Scientists October 17, 2013
- Announcing Planting AntaRctica in KAnsas (Project PARKA) 2013-14 May 10, 2013
- Incorporating MARACOOS Data Into Ocean Education: A Needs Assesment March 12, 2013
- Ocean Literacy Interactive Animation November 18, 2008
- Join us for a FREE Ocean Lecture & Educator’s Night December 8, 2011
- Eutrophication Animation November 18, 2008
- Oil Spill Resources August 26, 2010
- Have a few hours? Check out Google Ocean February 19, 2009
- Gears Luncheon Series – Ocean Sciences 2014 | COSEE NOW: […] These leadership development events, whi...
- Jason Draine: Good god!!!! I want to play!!! This is what I'v...
- New Educational Video from GEARS workshop participant Rachel Shelly, FSU | COSEE NOW: [...] Carla Companion (COSEE Ocean Systems) recent...
- Fish Oils and Nutrition | NJ 4-H Science: [...] encourage you to take a look at the lesson K...
- Sage Lichtenwalner: Hi Stephanie, you can embed the animation if you l...