The goal of MARE is to bring current research to the K-12 classroom and beyond in a manner that features best practices in science education and promotes stewardship of ocean resources. MARE curriculum focus on the integration of literacy with science, by emphasizing language acquisition and development techniques. We offer a range of opportunities for teachers to stay involved in the MARE community and for students to engage with scientists.
- Newsletter Supplemental Materials
- Spring 2012 -Ocean Sciences in the Next Generation Science Standards
- Spring 2012 -Ocean Themed Children’s Books
- Spring 2012 -Oysters & Oysters Reefs in Your Classroom
- Winter 2011 -New Ocean Science Curriculum Materials
- Winter 2011 -Phytoplankton in Your Classroom
- Winter 2011 -Scientific Investigations
- Background Information on Marine Science Topics – visit the Ocean Lecture & Educators’ Night webpages to find a topic you are interested in (listed in the titles and on each page)
- Lesson Plans
- Visit the Ocean Lecture & Educators’ Night webpages to find lesson plans on topics you are interested in.
- Visit the MARE Newsletter webpage to find lesson plans that accompany each issues “What’s Hot in Ocean Sciences” article.
- Visit the COSEE NOW Resources page to find Educational Materials, Ocean Observatory Stories (with accompanying lesson plans, Online Presentations, Interactives, and Resource Guides)
- Ocean Lecture Presentations – visit the Ocean Lecture & Educators’ Night webpages to find a topic you are interested in (listed in the titles and on each page)