Some of the planet’s most beautiful and diverse ecosystems are at risk. With temperatures on the rise, coral reefs are at greater risk for coral bleaching. Using ocean observing system data from NOAA’s National Data Buoy Center, this classroom activity examines ocean temperatures off Puerto Rico to see how coral reefs are being impacted and […]
Tag Archives | coral reefs
Greetings from Aquarius Land Base in Key Largo, FL! Please join Virginia Institute of Marine Science researcher Dr. Mark Patterson, graduate student Noelle Relles, Virginia Sea Grant Marine Education Specialist and COSEE-NOW team member Chris Petrone and student volunteer Sarina Patterson on a 5-day expedition to map the coral reefs around the one and only […]
- Gears Luncheon Series – Ocean Sciences 2014 December 6, 2013
- 2014 Shore Bowl October 25, 2013
- Gears Professional Development Workshop for Early Career Scientists October 17, 2013
- Announcing Planting AntaRctica in KAnsas (Project PARKA) 2013-14 May 10, 2013
- Incorporating MARACOOS Data Into Ocean Education: A Needs Assesment March 12, 2013
- Ocean Literacy Interactive Animation November 18, 2008
- Join us for a FREE Ocean Lecture & Educator’s Night December 8, 2011
- Eutrophication Animation November 18, 2008
- Oil Spill Resources August 26, 2010
- Have a few hours? Check out Google Ocean February 19, 2009
- Gears Luncheon Series – Ocean Sciences 2014 | COSEE NOW: […] These leadership development events, whi...
- Jason Draine: Good god!!!! I want to play!!! This is what I'v...
- New Educational Video from GEARS workshop participant Rachel Shelly, FSU | COSEE NOW: [...] Carla Companion (COSEE Ocean Systems) recent...
- Fish Oils and Nutrition | NJ 4-H Science: [...] encourage you to take a look at the lesson K...
- Sage Lichtenwalner: Hi Stephanie, you can embed the animation if you l...