A collaboration of several COSEE Centers will present a series of Gears Workshops for scientists interested in increasing their capacity for high impact education, outreach, and collaboration activities. These leadership development events, which will incorporate material from the all-day Gears Professional Development Workshops, are organized into four areas or “gears.” The four “gears” (Deconstruct, Learn, […]
Archive | Events RSS feed for this section
Upcoming COSEE NOW Events and Training
The winners have been announced! Check out the end of this post to see information about this year’s competition! Date: Saturday, February 1, 2014 Time: 7am – 6pm Location: Food Science Building, Rutgers University What Is Shore Bowl? The Shore Bowl is a regional academic competition for high school students in NJ, NY, and […]
Workshop Date: Sunday, February 23, 2014 Workshop Time: 8am – 5pm Workshop Location: Hawaii Convention Center Workshop Participants – WHO should attend? Early career scientists: Those holding a doctoral degree and who are employed in a post-doctoral or tenure-track (or tenure-track-equivalent) position as an assistant professor (or equivalent title) Advanced graduate student at an […]
Check out a new exhibit at the Museum of Science in Boston created through a program called Synergy, which fosters collaborations between scientists and artists. Where: Art & Science Gallery at Museum of Science, Boston When: February 16 through May 2013 Cost: Free with Exhibit Halls admission Explore the planet’s last true frontier – the […]
March 13th – Shellfish, Fisheries, & Modelling — Join us for the next FREE Ocean Lecture & Educators’ Night
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 ~ 6-8:30 pm Rutgers University, Cook Campus Institute of Marine & Coastal Sciences Building, The Phillip Alampi Seminar Room Interested in teaching your students about local shellfish biology? Curious about how we manage our local shellfish fisheries? Interested in exposing your students to how scientists use models to study shellfish? Want […]
Professional Development Workshop for Early Career Scientists, Engineers & Applied Mathematicians – Washington, D.C.
Workshop Date: Friday, March 1, 2013 Workshop Time: 9am –5pm Workshop Location: Howard University Workshop Participants – WHO should attend? Early career scientists: Those holding a doctoral degree and who are employed in a post-doctoral or tenure-track (or tenure-track-equivalent) position as an assistant professor (or equivalent title) Advanced graduate student at an accredited U.S. institution […]
A battle rages between phytoplankton and viruses in the ocean. On June 15, an international team of scientists will embark on a voyage on the North Atlantic for 30 days to study this war. They’re interested in how this battle affects the movement of carbon – the most important building block of life on the […]
This summer, the Education & Outreach team at Rutgers University Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences is providing four unique opportunities for educators to participate in teacher trainings: 1. MARE: One Ocean, Interdisciplinary Instruction (July 17) 2. MARE: Biodiversity & Bioluminescence (July 18) 3. MARE Community Day: Fish & Larvae (August 14) 4. MARE: Beaches, […]
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 ~ 6-8:30 pm Rutgers University, Cook Campus Institute of Marine & Coastal Sciences Building, The Phillip Alampi Seminar Room Ever wonder how waves are formed and what really causes rip currents? Interested in learning more about current research about the formation and erosion of beaches? Want to spice up your teaching […]
COSEE NOW is pleased to present an optional webinar series for Early Career Scientists. In this series, we will introduce a new tool to help you write a Broader Impact statement, explore how to use Social Networking Tools to broaden your professional network, and discuss how to interview and negotiate for an academic position. Who […]
- Gears Luncheon Series – Ocean Sciences 2014 December 6, 2013
- 2014 Shore Bowl October 25, 2013
- Gears Professional Development Workshop for Early Career Scientists October 17, 2013
- Announcing Planting AntaRctica in KAnsas (Project PARKA) 2013-14 May 10, 2013
- Incorporating MARACOOS Data Into Ocean Education: A Needs Assesment March 12, 2013
- Ocean Literacy Interactive Animation November 18, 2008
- Join us for a FREE Ocean Lecture & Educator’s Night December 8, 2011
- Eutrophication Animation November 18, 2008
- Oil Spill Resources August 26, 2010
- Have a few hours? Check out Google Ocean February 19, 2009
- Gears Luncheon Series – Ocean Sciences 2014 | COSEE NOW: […] These leadership development events, whi...
- Jason Draine: Good god!!!! I want to play!!! This is what I'v...
- New Educational Video from GEARS workshop participant Rachel Shelly, FSU | COSEE NOW: [...] Carla Companion (COSEE Ocean Systems) recent...
- Fish Oils and Nutrition | NJ 4-H Science: [...] encourage you to take a look at the lesson K...
- Sage Lichtenwalner: Hi Stephanie, you can embed the animation if you l...